About us

My photo
Hi, welcome to our blog! We are newlyweds living in Memphis, TN. We love life, adventure and of course each other. We're starting a blog to keep track of any and 'all things Jacques' so we can look back and cherish memories from our first year of marriage. We'll be sharing memories, I'm sure a lot of our dog Bella, favorite recipes, books, trips, spiritual thoughts, home projects, and anything we're enjoying in life at the moment! We hope you enjoy as well. Much love, Michael and Rachel Jacques

Search This Blog

Friday, December 5, 2014

Hidden Gems



I LOVE when I find a new gem in scripture. It feels like it was just waiting for me. I love the way God chooses to reveal His word at the most precious time. I love the power of this & the hope that lies behind it. I can't believe I haven't read this before or if I have it hasn't stuck. It is sticking today. Hope you enjoy it as much I as did this morning. 

1O God, you are my God;
I earnestly search for you.
My soul thirsts for you;
my whole body longs for you
in this parched and weary land
where there is no water.
2I have seen you in your sanctuary
and gazed upon your power and glory.
3Your unfailing love is better than life itself;
how I praise you!
4I will praise you as long as I live,
lifting up my hands to you in prayer.
5You satisfy me more than the richest feast.
I will praise you with songs of joy.
6I lie awake thinking of you,
meditating on you through the night.
7Because you are my helper,
I sing for joy in the shadow of your wings.
8I cling to you;
your strong right hand holds me securely.
9But those plotting to destroy me will come to ruin.
They will go down into the depths of the earth.
10They will die by the sword
and become the food of jackals.
11But the king will rejoice in God.
All who swear to tell the truth will praise him,
while liars will be silenced.

Psalm 63 

No comments:

Post a Comment