About us

My photo
Hi, welcome to our blog! We are newlyweds living in Memphis, TN. We love life, adventure and of course each other. We're starting a blog to keep track of any and 'all things Jacques' so we can look back and cherish memories from our first year of marriage. We'll be sharing memories, I'm sure a lot of our dog Bella, favorite recipes, books, trips, spiritual thoughts, home projects, and anything we're enjoying in life at the moment! We hope you enjoy as well. Much love, Michael and Rachel Jacques

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

My biggest blessing.

By far the biggest blessing God has given me (besides my salvation) is my husband, Michael. Words can't begin to describe the special relationship we have. He is truly the one that my heart longs for, the one that I love to laugh with, the one I need when I'm sad and the other half of my heart and soul. How beautiful and amazing is God's gift of marriage? The Lord has provided me with exactly who I needed. Someone who understands me like no one else. My rock and my best friend in the world.




I am so incredibly thankful that God gave me you, Michael. I hope you know how much I love you with everything I am.

Okay, in true Michael fashion I'll wrap up the mushy stuff and get to the fun stuff. Let me tell you, we take birthdays very seriously around here. And I have to admit, it is mostly my fault as I have always been a birthday diva... so naturally some of that has rubbed off on Michael in the past 6 birthdays we've spent together. Here's a little birthday timeline from age 22-26... 27 pictures to come!

Age 22 (look how young we look... and to add to our age I'm pretty sure that this picture, judging by the quality, was taken from a disposable camera!) We celebrated this birthday at Blue Monkey with his friends. My, how times have changed!


Age 23, I threw him a big birthday party at Cozumel's (former Mexican restaurant that is now shut down). We had the big party room and went downtown after. A really fun night!


Age 24, again we are aging ourselves... this is him and Chip's combined birthday at Reedmiester's, yes its the shady bar on Park and Highland. Not even sure if it is there anymore. This was the birthday that me and Amy almost killed Michael and Chip. And Betsy, if you are reading this, just remember I love you! lol


Age 25, by far my favorite and I'm sure he would say it's his favorite too. His Bar Golf Par-tee. We rented this party bus, behind us, and bar hopped in our golf attire. Such a fun night! Highly recommended. :)


Age 26, this was actually a low key birthday. I'm pretty sure we met friends up at Dan McGuiness. I must have been busy wedding planning and not party planning.

And to keep true to tradition, here is birthday diva # 2's fun-filled 27th birthday week!

Sunday, 2/24: To celebrate his birthday we started this past Sunday at my grandmothers with some of his favorite foods & gifts from my family.

Tuesday, 2/26: Today, his actual birthday, we ate Flood Cake for breakfast (after me and Bella worked hard in the kitchen the night before, see pictures below) and are going to his parents for dinner and presents tonight.

My big helper making daddy's cake.

We've had this up since February 1st! The birthday is finally here. :)

Me trying to get the birthday boy to smile and Bella's attention away from the cake. It didn't go quite as planned. :)

Wednesday, 2/27: Some of his friends are taking him to golf tomorrow & guys night at Buffalo Wild Wings.

Friday, 3/1: I'm throwing him a High School Flashback Birthday party with all of our friends! Think dress code as your favorite high school stereotype, old music, and more.

Saturday, 3/2: Dinner with my parents (we always go out to eat with just my immediate family... and he's part of that now!)

Let the fun begin. I told you, we are major birthday people! :)

Happy birthday Michael! I love you sweet husband and hope you have the best birthday yet!

Love,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment